1. Our day started off just as calm as any other with the exception that sprog did not get his morning nap as usual, but on a train, 45 minutes later than he normally would. That said, he had a lovely snooze cuddled up in our fabulous Connecta and quickly woke to terrorise some unsuspecting passengers.
2. Post snacks and into play time. The poor lady next to us was sat nose deep in her book and determined not to be distracted but when a small human shoves his face in yours with the biggest grin in the world just to say hello, who can resist?! She cracked but only briefly before she went back to her book!
3. When we arrived at my friends house, sprog charged around to explore and discover everywhere stopping only briefly at the large cushion on the floor on rest his head for the smallest of moments before he was off again. We had a lovely picnic lunch in their garden which included a brilliant not captured on camera but involving sprog’s foot and a lovely tub of hummus.
4. We visited a local farm! Yes! A farm, in London! Our childless friends were treated to our full range of animal noises… from hubby’s realistic sheep and cows to my less accurate ‘cluck cluck’ for the hens.
5. Such a convenient and well timed find was a park with water fountains. He really wasn’t sure if he liked it when they came on and squirted him but he definitely liked the splashing in the puddles when they were off. They cooled him right down too which was perfect in the city heat.
6. Hubby and the sleepy baby. We had our fingers crossed for a good long sleep which would see us through the tube, getting on to train and part of the way home. We were given 30 minutes.
7. Yes, he is on to outfit number 3! We lost t-shirts to epic city heat sweats and the fountains. We had to come up with lots of games on the way home but banging on the windows was a firm favourite.