I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Sweaty Mummy, go ahead and check out her blog and follow her on Twitter @sweatymummyuk. I’ve also been nominated by Adventures with monster. (Twitter @thepndmonster).
Thank you for the nomination lovely lady!
The rules of Liebster Award are:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog – the best way to do this is to save the image to your computer and upload to your post
- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you (see below for my answers)
- Nominate 4 to 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award and who have less than 500 followers
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
- List these rules in your post and once you have written and published it you have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post so that they can learn all about it 🙂
SO here are my replies to the questions set for me;
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging at the end of March 2014 and just because I thought it would give me a way of focus on the positives when I returned to work from maternity leave. The idea of going back to my job and trying to still be a good mum scared me because I didn’t know how I was going to manage everything.
2. What is your profession?
I am a History teacher at a local secondary school. My solution to how I was going to balance everything is just to work blooming hard and often quite late at night. But my rule is that between leaving work and Sprog going to bed, he gets my attention – the marking and the planning waits!
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what pets do you have and what are their names? If not, then what is your favourite animal and why?
We do… We have a cat called Timmy. He was originally Timothy as we got him from the Cats Protection League but we couldn’t imagine shouting ‘Timothy’ out the back door so he had a little name change! He is a great big butch looking cat, with a few bits missing on one ear, presumably from a scrap when he was a stray and unloved, but we’ve pampered him into living a lovely quiet life.
4. If you was stranded on a desert island what three items would you like to have with you (you are not allowed your mobile / tablet / laptop)?
So, this is tough – if it was about survival then I really have no idea… water, a bed and a tent?! If it was about having a good time, then my boys (hubby and Sprog), a football and a big watering can. Sprog can spend ages playing with these two things and there’s just no way that I’d want to be there without them.
5. What is your favourite pizza topping?
I LOVE pizza. I always choose Fiorentia – the one with loads of spinach and an egg in the middle because I know that I couldn’t do that properly at home. When we do make your own pizza at the supermarket we always get black olives, peppers, and then spicy beef or pepperoni… man, this is making me hungry… I’ve only just had breakfast!
6. If you had to choose one drink that you couldn’t live without what would it be (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
Summer fruits squash – that’s quite sad isn’t it?! I’m not a fan of plain tap water so I couldn’t live without my supply of squash to just make it a bit more interesting.
7. What music do you like?
I am total cheesy 90’s gal and also love, love, love musicals! We always joke that if anyone stole my ipod, they’d return it when they saw the music on it!
8. What is your favourite form of exercise?
Well, in my ideal world where I had all the time in the world for exercise… I love swimming and zumba. However, in my Mama world I have time for a run around the block once a month! Hubby and I have both planned to spend more time exercising this year!
9. What is your favourite colour and what does it say about you?
Um.. purple?! I have no idea what that says. I suppose that I’m fairly girly but I don’t like loud, brash girliness that girls/women overdo and push femininity in people’s faces!
10. Who is your idol and why?
Is it harsh to say that I don’t idolise anyone?! I don’t think I look up to anyone without question and I don’t try to live my life in the same way as anyone else. I’m just trying my best to get through in one piece everyday!
11. What is your favourite flavour of ice-cream?
O lordy, I love ice cream too! If we were in the supermarket buying ice cream our “to go” ice cream is Bens and Jerry’s Cookie Dough! I’ll pretty much any flavour though!
So that’s a bit about me and my crazy world!
I’m going to nominate;
Here are my questions to everyone.
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. Where is your favourite place you have travelled too?
3.What’s your favourite music?
4. What blog post have you most enjoyed writing? (Provide a link)
5. How much time do you have to spend on your blog?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. What are your hobbies or interests?
8. What is your favourite season? and Why?
9. What is the best present you have ever given someone?
10. What is the best present you have ever received?
11. What do you like to watch on TV?