We’ve had a tough week in the Mamavsteacher world.
On Tuesday evening, I lost my Grannie after a long fight with cancer and whilst it was expected, it knocked me and I’ve lost my mojo this week. My blogging mojo, my teaching mojo, my organisational mojo – just all over really!
I know a few bloggers who regularly do a Gratitude list and this week it seemed appropriate that I concentrate on the lovely things that have happened during this week that I am thankful for.
- My family. Every single one of them. For being there and being amazing in all their own ways. In particular, my brother made it home from America for this weekend and it’s been fantastic to see him playing with Sprog!
- My friends. For their messages, and for giving me the space I needed.
- Sprog – always smiling, always making me proud and happy.
- My work colleagues. I did go to work straightaway without any time off and they were great. As soon as I started to loose it, they were there with stories about students who had done/said stupid things that day to make me smile.
- My form group. Some of the girls in my form were absolute sweethearts and bought me chocolates to show that they cared.
- The blogging community. I had so many tweets and messages from so many lovely ladies, thank you.
- New jeans… that fit reasonably well… they might be a size bigger than pre-sprog but I look ok in them!
- Cake day Friday. Every Friday at work, we eat cake!
- That it was not raining at the precise moment the fire alarm went off at school, just freezing… and also to my colleague who gave up his fleece to save me from the cold (to be fair, he was wearing two!)
- He’s by no means least but I truly couldn’t do anything without him. My husband. He’s my rock.
I’ve linked this post up to Enchanted Pixie’s Gratitude list and