So the summer holidays are upon us, and for the teacher in me that means a serious break and time for reflection.
I’ve had a tough couple of months, with very little time for reflection or time for my own thoughts.
So I have a new project this summer… and that is ‘me’.
Every summer for the last few years, we’ve had a project…wedding planning, wedding and honeymoon, have the baby that was hanging out in my massive belly, play and stimulate Sprog as he was becoming more capable. This summer is the summer for me.
At our end of year school church service yesterday the themes were hope, courage and remembering. The first two are things that I have definitely been lacking in the past few weeks and it brought it home to me that I really do need to look after myself before I am able to be Mama or Teacher very well at all.
I have been trudging blindly through the last month or so with no focus on myself, no censor on what I’ve been eating and how I’ve been treating my body, I’ve not had the energy. I’ve also not had any time for the small pleasures for myself.
So I’ve started the holiday like this….
– Dinner out with friends who make me laugh, a lot
– A little lie in
– Painted my toes
– Dyed my hair
– Cleaned the bedroom a little
– Washed up
– Done a load of clothes washing
– Had a satisfying and big healthy lunch
– Started a 30 fitness challenge on hubby’s ipad
– Sat at the beach with friends for 4 hours this afternoon
– Not eaten any of the naughties on offer there
– Listened to my Slimpod
– Organised the food for Sprog’s birthday party
– Ordered a new rucksack for Sprog’s stuff when we go out for the day
– Watched some of my trashy TV that is recorded
– Giggled with the hubby as we practiced our cake sculpting for Sprog’s birthday cake
I don’t think that’s a bad start really!
I’ll be checking in with updates over the summer holidays, my aim is just to feel a bit better about myself and be ready to take on my new school in September in a better personal head space! If I manage to loose a few lbs along the way, that would be just grand!