Last week I wrote about having a tough few weeks and really needing to focus on myself for a while, out of this was born #Operationhappymama
So, one week in to the holidays (Already?! Really?!) I have sat down on the seafront to write an update.
The last week has not been without me stressing out, given the amount of work I have to do after loosing everything on my hard drive I found it very difficult to relax into the slower holiday pace of living.
Here are the great big stonking positives of the last 7 days though.
- I have been on 3 runs!
- For each run, I have either run a bigger distance or run for a higher percentage of the time than the previous run.
- I got a bargain new running top in the sales.
- I got myself kitted out with a Flipbelt for running on the recommendation of Simone from Simslife.
- I’ve replaced my dead ipod with a sparkly new ipod shuffle!
- I have eaten very well on an exercise day and eaten food I enjoy without feeling guilty.
- I have listened to my Slimpod a bit (need to be more consistent this week).
- I bought, and have remembered to take everyday, some vitamins to help rebuild my vitality.
That’s just the fitness and health stuff! Once we get on to the ‘me’ and ‘Mama’ stuff, I really start to smile and feel more contented.
- We had our family day out to Arundel Castle in the rain.
- Sprog and I had a great time learning about the weather and using his rain catcher.
- Hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by visiting the venue we had for the reception with Sprog and running round like crazy people in the gardens.
- I have done a little bit of my ongoing cross stitch.
- I have caught up on lots of my trashy telly that was stored on the planner… Think Cake Boss, The Biggest Loser and Madame Secretary!
- I have managed to join in with some of the linkys that I’ve been forgetting about.
- I’ve caught up with my bestie, chatting our way through a 3 mile walk on the beach.
- As I told her about the things stressing me out, she agreed with me…meaning that I’m not a raving loon but that it’s all understandable!
- I was so happy to be able to help out a family who are going through a tough time (see http://gofund.me/cancerandkids)
- I have spent some lovely time with Sprog playing and catching up with friends.
- I have managed to plan a few lessons which has started to help me chill out a bit more.
- I am looking forward to Sprog’s birthday next week without being too stressed out.
I’d love to see how you guys are doing some things for yourselves too (and to borrow ideas from you) so either let me know in the comments below or use the hashtag on Twitter/Instagram so that I can see… I’d love to see some #operationhappydaddy posts too!